Different Types of Flowers Hold Different Meaning
It's no secret that different flowers have different meanings. Many associate the rose with love and affection, tulips with the arrival of spring, and sunflowers with the colorful autumn. However, it is always important to be aware of this symbolism when taking the step of sending or giving flowers to a loved one. In fact, it's even more important to pay attention to detail when the recipient isn't that close to you, because you certainly wouldn't want your boss to think you have romantic feelings for her by sending her a bouquet of red roses to her office, for example.
And because at TodayFlowerDelivery we care about the little things and want our customers to feel this need of ours properly, we always strive to be descriptive and familiarize them in detail with the specifics of the flower giving process. For this reason, we have prepared a short list of the meanings of some of the more popular flowers:
A bouquet of roses
- presenting a bouquet of red roses leaves no room for doubt about the deep feelings of the sender, about the love and passion he/she feels for their object. Unlike red roses
, however, white roses
are often given as a sign of gratitude and respect, making them a good choice for a gift for an older person. Pink roses
are a symbol of friendship.
A flower arrangement of gerberas
is always associated with affection, so gerberas, or larger daisies as some call them, are frequent participants in the bouquets we give to family members.
Lilies, on the other hand, are recognized in the Catholic world as the flower of the Virgin, symbolizing purity and chastity. White lilies
are often present in both wedding and funeral flower arrangements
Anyway, in case you want to get more familiar with the symbolism and meanings of flowers, we invite you to browse our collections of flowers according to the flowers in them or follow the TodayFlowerDelivery’s blog
, where we delight our readers with useful information every week.
How to Choose The Perfect Flower Type?
Choosing the right flowers can often be a challenge for some of us, especially for those who are not familiar with the language of flowers, nor with the symbolism of the flowers themselves, or of the colors, for example. To make it as easy as possible for you, we have taken care to present you a catalog of hundreds of collections, among which you will surely find what you are looking for. In addition to occasion, TodayFlowerDelivery's collections are also broken down by flowers suitable for a specific recipient, arrangements by the type of flowers in them, bouquets separated by color and much more. Nevertheless, here are some steps that will surely help you:
- First, decide who you are going to give flowers to? Who is your recipient? Your husband, wife, family member, and what is your relationship with this person?
- When you already know who you want to please, choose the occasion. For example, while many customers send flowers to their loved ones for anniversaries, birthdays, baby showers or to express their condolences, others do it simply by choosing flowers just because.
- Enter the specific category and choose a bouquet of flowers suitable for your recipient, which of course also matches your budget. You can't go wrong by choosing the recipient's favorite color or type of flower. It's like giving chocolate to a small child - always accepted with open arms!
- Select a date from the calendar on which you would like your flowers delivered. In most towns, if you place your order before noon, you can take advantage of same day flower delivery or choose a future date.
- Don't forget to fill out the card on which you can write your warmest wishes to the people dear to you! Leave the rest to us!